Minnesota Geospatial Advisory Council
The Council acts as a coordinating body for the Minnesota geospatial community. It represents a cross-section of organizations that include counties, cities, universities, business, nonprofit organizations, federal and state agencies, tribal government, surveyors and other stakeholder groups that benefit from geospatial technology.
- Current members
- Two member positions are open to represent the Greater Minnesota Regional Government sector and the Nonprofit sector
- Application information for Open Appointments administered by the Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State
- Submit completed applications at the Open Appointments site, accompanied by a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in serving on the council
Meeting Dates, Materials and News
Council meetings are 4 times a year and all are open to the public. Upcoming meeting dates: March 15 and May 24, 2023. The March meeting will be online only, 10:00-noon. The May meeting will be hybrid with a location TBD, 11:00-2:00.
- Next meeting: March 15, 2023 (online only)
- 10:00 a.m. - noon
- Online via Microsoft Teams. For connection information, contact MnGeo at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meeting materials
- Minnesota GIS News:
Subscribe to be notified of upcoming meetings and other council news
Committees and Workgroups
The council is supplemented and supported by committees and workgroups. Non-council members are welcome and encouraged to participate on these groups.
- Cory Richter, Council chair
- David Brandt, Council vice chair
- Nancy Rader, Geospatial Advisory Council support