More Minnesota GIS Data and Maps
- Minnesota Geospatial Information Office: In addition to coordinating the Minnesota Geospatial Commons, MnGeo provides custom mapping and GIS services.
- ArcGIS resources from DNR: Download custom ArcGIS tools and view training webinars.
- Minnesota GIS/LIS Consortium: Learn about new and existing data and GIS activities by attending the Consortium's annual statewide conference and professional development workshops, attending networking events, receiving e-announcements of GIS/LIS news, or contributing to a committee. Membership is free!
- John R. Borchert Map Library, University of Minnesota: Learn about their collection of printed maps and GIS data and link to many other map libraries.
Minnesota Historical Society Map Collection: Search their vast
collection of maps, atlases and plat books, both historic and
- GIS at the Metropolitan Council: Covers the 7-county Twin Cities metropolitan area.
Great Lakes GIS
: Includes the area of Minnesota that drains into Lake
- GIS contacts: County, city and tribal government
City, county, township, and other local government websites
- U.S. Geological Survey
- The National Map: Interactive maps of the nation
- Federal Geographic Data Committee: National data clearinghouse; federal data standards; metadata
- Data.gov: Access geospatial information from federal agencies and a growing number of state, local, tribal and private agencies through one comprehensive portal.
- U.S. Census Bureau:
Find demographic data for the U.S.
Other states and provinces
- Iowa Geodata
- Iowa Geographic Map Server
- North Dakota Geographic Information Systems
- South Dakota State Government GIS
- South Dakota Geological Survey Program
- Wisconsin State Cartographer's Office
- State clearinghouse sites, NSGIC's list
- GeoConnections: Canadian GIS data
- Geospatial Maps, Data, Applications and Tools
- The Atlas of Canada
- Manitoba Land Initiative
- Land Information Ontario
Return to the Minnesota GIS Data and Maps homepage