Minnesota Geospatial Image Service
MnGeo’s Geospatial Image Service provides versatile access to Minnesota air photos, hillshades, and scanned topographic maps using a Web Map Service (WMS). Using this service means you don't need to download and store these very large files on your own computer. Many users report that this service provides faster display than using the same files on their own computer.
If you are having trouble connecting to the service, make sure you are using the current url: https://imageserver.gisdata.mn.gov/cgi-bin/wms?
Note: If you're looking for a single web map service that doesn’t make you choose layers, try the Composite Image Service instead.
- List of photos, hillshade and
topographic maps available via the service
- Technical specs including the web addresses (urls) to connect to the service
- How to use Web Map Services
- How to use the service in ArcGIS Online
- Image Service Sustainability Committee that supports administration of this
Return to MnGeo WMS homepage