Damage Assessment Data Standard for Minnesota
The purpose of this standard is to provide a single, commonly accepted set of attribute specifications (field name, type, and length) for collection of damage assessment information to help guide local government entities in data collection that is required to support a request for State or Federal assistance in the event of a disaster.
This standard is derived mainly from the following sources:
- The Damage Assessment model developed at the Minnesota Department of Public Safety
- The Esri Damage Assessment data model
- The Minnesota Building Official Disaster Preparedness manual
- FEMA damage assessment publications
- HSEM damage assessment publications
Standard and Supporting Materials
Standard, v. 1.0
Schema spreadsheet, updated 9/20/2021
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Geodatabase template (zipfile)
Note: Domain tables for all standards have been centralized into one spreadsheet document (click on link to "Domains").
Questions? Contact email@example.com
This standard was open for a 90-day public comment period that ended August 19, 2020.
Return to the Minnesota Geospatial Advisory Council Standards Committee webpage