Instructions for Viewing Geospatial Image Service Layers with Google Earth
- Open up Google Earth and zoom to Minnesota or area of interest.
- Click on the Add > Image Overlay command in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Type a descriptive title in the Name field and then click the Refresh tab.
- Click the WMS Parameters button and then click the Add button at the top of the dialog box.
- Type the following URL address in the pop-up dialog box: https://imageserver.gisdata.mn.gov/cgi-bin/wmsll? and click OK.
- Select the layer you wish to view, click Add, Apply, and OK.
- Set Transparency slider at the top of the dialog box to the desired level and click OK.
(Note: image display time and resolution quality vary with each freeware program. Consult your user software Help guides for further information.)
Return to MnGeo’s Geospatial Image Service
Return to MnGeo's WMS homepage